“SEARCH was the most professional contractor we’ve ever had work on base.”
- Dan Kalal, Commander, Roosevelt Roads Naval Station, Puerto Rico
SEARCH is a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers in the Defense, Energy, Transportation, and Development markets. SEARCH is a full-service company, and we offer a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design.
Our staff of more than 120 professionals works from 15 offices nationwide, including Hawai‘i, Guam, and our 11,000-square-foot curation facility outside Washington, DC. Since 1993, SEARCH has conducted over 3,000 projects across 36 US states, 6 US territories, and 21 countries in Oceania, Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas, and the West Indies.
SEARCH has steadily expanded our staff, offices, services, and client base over the last 23 years, including growing by 54% during the recent global economic crisis. As one of the nation’s highest-capacity firms, and with the country’s largest maritime archaeology division, SEARCH is selected for major undertakings, remote projects, and emergency-response jobs such as the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and the Super Storm Sandy responses. We have supported all military service branches and their Reserve and Guard units on 203 military facilities CONUS and OCONUS, including combat theater. SEARCH has completed more than 130 energy projects, 600 transportation projects, and 1,000 commercial jobs. Federal and state government agencies have awarded SEARCH 54 multi-year general service IDIQ contracts as Prime ($196 million), and we’re included as Team Member on 88 IDIQs ($2.05 billion). SEARCH has the capacity, expertise, and experience to conduct the full range of cultural resource services anywhere in the world.
SEARCH is proud to be a member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS)
- International Association of Caribbean Archaeologists (IACA)
- National Council on Public History (NCPH)
- National Trust for Historic Preservation (NTHP)
- Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA)
- Society of American Archaeology (SAA)
- Society for Architectural Historians (SAH)
- Society of Historical Archaeology (SHA)
- Society for Military History (SMH)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Southern Gas Association (SGA)
- Southeastern Archaeological Conference (SEAC)